I recently uploaded a picture to my twitter the other day of some cupcakes I made for my boyfriends birthday and quite a few people asked for the recipe so, here it is!
For the cake
170g unsalted Butter
170g Caster Sugar
115g Self Raising Flour
3 Large Eggs
55g Cocoa Powder
Pinch Of Salt
(Recipe is from BBC Good food-instead of making a big cake I just divided them into cupcake cases)
1. Preheat the oven to 170c Fan
2. Get your cupcake cases in the cupcake holder ready.
3.Put the sugar and butter into a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
4. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a separate bowl.
5. In 3rds - add one egg and 1/3 of the sieved ingredients to the butter and sugar, mix for 1-2 minutes and repeat until all ingredients are mixed well.
6. Put into the cupcake cases and put into the oven for 18-20 minutes.
7. Leave to cool.
For the buttercream
225g Sieved Icing Sugar
3-4 table spoons of milk
Kinder Bueno (optional)
1. Put the butter and nutella into a bowl and mix for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the sieved icing sugar in parts-mix on a medium speed.
3. Add a few dashes of milk to get a good texture-not too hard and not to runny. Nice and fluffy!
4. Put into a pipping bag and pip the buttercream onto each cupcake! You can also just spoon on the mixture-try not to eat it all!
5(optional) Add a piece of Kinder Bueno to each cupcake to finish off!
Hi! I'm Beth, 26 and from the UK. I love, love, love reading. This is a blog to share my love of books and my thoughts on books etc!
I will state when books are gifted from publishers and all my links are affiliate.