If you missed it last week, I have started a new series on my blog about different book publishers. There are so many amazing books out there that it's hard to talk about them all so, I have decided to talk about a different publisher and imprint and about some of their books I have really enjoyed and upcoming releases. Last week I talked about Usborne and this week I am talking about My Kinda Book (one of my faves if you didn't know)
My Kinda Book have released some amazing books. I have really enjoyed Beautiful Broken Things and A Quiet Kind Of Thunder by Sara Barnard. She is a brilliant writer and these two books have been some of favourites in the past few years. They have topics about female friendship, mental health and so much more AND she has a new book Goodbye, Perfect out next year which I cannot for! It is one of my most anticipated reads of 2018.
AND how can we forget that they publish Rainbow Rowell?! I adore Rainbow. She has written some of my all time favourite books. She is a fantastic writer and I was so lucky to meet her and get all my books signed. I also have a Rainbow Rowell book shelf for all of her books and even some different editions of Fangirl which is my all time favourite. I am also very excited about Almost Midnight getting published at the end of this month.
Now, here is a list of books I cannot wait to read that have already been released or not out till next year. I've got to say, they all look and sound amazing and I cannot wait for these books to be out and probably beg for a few proof copies because I am an impatient person.
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake: She wrote Three Dark Crowns which I adored last year and I still haven't picked up the sequel! How crazy is that?! I cannot wait to pick it up soon.
- Out Of The Blue by Sophie Cameron - This isn't out till March 2018 but, it just sounds like it is going to make me cry. It sounds wonderful and I am so excited to pick it up. 'Set against the backdrop of the frenzied Edinburgh festival, Out of the Blue tackles questions of grief and guilt and fear over who we really are. But it's also about love and acceptance and finding your place in this world as angels drop out of another.'
- Children Of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi - Another book that is out March next year. I was so happy to hear they are publishing this book. I saw some of my friends in the US talking about this book and it has just gotten me so much more excited about it coming out. 'Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zélie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls. But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were targeted and killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope.'
- I Am Thunder by Muhammad Khan - a 2018 releases that will take the world by storm. I just know this book is going to be really popular and a super important read. 'I Am Thunder is the debut novel from stunning YA voice, Muhammad Khan, which questions how far you'll go to stand up for what you believe.'
- Wild Blue Wonder by Carlie Sorosiak - Carlie's previous book, If Birds Fly Back, has been one of my favourite books this year. She is a fantastic author and I am so ready for her new book. 2018 needs to hurry up.
- My Box-Shaped Heart by Rachael Lucas - The State Of Grace was a brilliant, beautiful book from Rachael and I can tell her new book, out next year, is going to be just as good and make me emotional. 'Holly is swimming in one direction and Ed's swimming in the other. As their worlds collide they find a window into each other's lives - and learn how to meet in the middle.'
- Genesis by Brendan Reichs - waiting for sequels is so hard. Nemesis was a brilliant book and I cannot wait to read Genesis and found out what is going to happen!!
As you can tell, I am super excited for their upcoming books. Some other books from MKB I have enjoyed and you should definitely pick up are; Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith, Heartless by Marissa Meyer (and they are publishing Renegades by here next year and I CANNOT WAIT!) My Secret Rockstar Boyfriend by Eleanor Wood and There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins.
Let me know what books you've enjoyed by MKB and what publisher you would like to see next on this blog series.
Hi! I'm Beth, 26 and from the UK. I love, love, love reading. This is a blog to share my love of books and my thoughts on books etc!
I will state when books are gifted from publishers and all my links are affiliate.