Recently, I kind of treated myself to a lot of new make up. I'm still waiting for some bits to come before I do a haul post but, I wanted to test some of these products out. Some products are new and some have been out for awhile that I've had my eye on and had my friends rave about them. It's almost a full face of impressions but not really since it isn't a full face of make up.
The products I already owned that I used for part of this look include -
Soap & Glory Speed Plump (£13) - I constantly use this before I apply my make up and I think I've gone through so many tubes!
Revolution Conceal & Define Foundation F1 (£9) - I love this foundation. It doesn't feel too heavy and covers up the redness on my skin and I just adore it.
Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer C1 (£4) - Love this concealer and does what it says on the tin.
Revolution Conceal & Correct White (£4) - I add a bit of the white concealer when I apply the other under my eye just to brighten it a little.
Benefit Ka-Brow (£20.50) - I don't think I use anything other than Benefit on my brows tbh.
SO! For the new products.
So, to start of the look I first started with my eyes. I never really know what eye look I want to do so I always start with them first as I tend to make mistakes. I first did my eyebrows and then went in with the Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette (£37). I've only ever tried this as my Sister In Law has it and I knew I had to get it and I have not been disappointed whatsoever. For my eye look I used the shades Hunts in my crease and then put a bit of Jacz on top to deepen the outer corner of my eye. I then cut my crease and then used the beautiful shimmer shade Queen with a bit of Beam on top to brighten it a little. These shades are PIGMENTED! I only tapped my brush in the pay off was amazing. I am already obsessed.
I then did my foundation and concealer then used the Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Powder(£28) in the shade Cupcake. My friend raves about this powder and I can see why. No creasing, sits nicely on top of my foundation and concealer and I just already love it. There is a scent to it but it didn't really bother me.
For contour I used the Revolution Contour Palette from the 12 Days Of Christmas Box Set (£40) I really like this palette! The shades are gorgeous and I they blended so easily. They are pigmented so watch out as I swirled my brush a little bit and then had to keep blending. I also used it for a bit of bronzing and overall impressed. I'm excited to use the rest of the products in the box set.
For highlight I used the MAC Shiny Pretty Things/Extra Dimension Skinfinish Snowflushed(£25.50) THIS HIGHLIGHTER! It is gorgeous. I wish it showed up more in the pictures as it is gorgeous in real life and when you see it up close. It looks gold in the pan and when the light hits it at different angles it goes a little pink. It is so cute and applies nicely to the skin.
For my lips I used Jeffree Star Cosmetics Holiday Collection 2018 Velour Liquid Lipstick (£16) in the shade Hi How Are Ya? I've only recently started using Jeffree Star Cosmetics and as soon as this shade was announced I knew I had to get it. Is is the perfect Christmas red with specks of glitter in it. It is gorgeous and doesn't feel heavy on the lips!
And to tie it all together I finally used the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist (£15). It felt refreshing and really set everything together.
All in all, for testing new make up I can honestly say nothing disappointed. It's been a few hours since I applied the make up and it is still looking so fresh and nice and I can tell these are products I will be using a lot more off! This is the finished look and I love it and I feel very festive.
Have you used any of these products before? What are your thoughts on them?
Today I want to talk about my top 10 favourite make-up sets that I think would be great gifts for Christmas. There is a good mix of sets, brands and prices as I know a lot have came out this year and I have been looking through everywhere to check them out and see what I think is the best value for money and what just looks amazing. These are sets I think would be great for gifts for Christmas, either for yourself or for others!
1. Revolution Soph's Favourites Gift Set - This is a wonderful set and it is in such a cute package with the draws and you could probably reuse it for your dressing table. It is filled with brushes, palettes, highlighters and more! It is usually £100 but, it's £60 at the moment which I think is a great price for this. You do get some limited stuff that you can't buy separately.
2. Soap and Glory Glitz and Make up Gift set (£25) - I love Soap and Glory make up and this set has some of their best make up products from Archery brow product to Sexy Mother Pucker! And their mascara is one of the best mascaras I have ever used!
3. Sleek MakeUp The Ultimate Collection (£25) - I adore the highlighter palette that is in this collection! For £25 you are getting some amazing products and everything to basically complete a full face. I think this is the perfect gift to give to your make-up lover friends/family members or, someone who is just getting into it!
4. Profusion Mixed Metals Eyes & Lip Set (£12.50) - I am a huge fan of Profusion make up and I really adore this set. The palette is gorgeous and I can tell you the pigment is great from Profusion. You also get a eyeshadow brush, Matte Lip Creme and Matte Lip Liner. For the price, you can't go wrong. They also do 2 other different sets with different colours!
5. Benefit Limited Edition Magical Brow Stars Brow Set (£49.50) - Yes, I know it's expensive for a brow set but, Benefit do the best brow products. I use a lot of different brow products but, I always go back to Benefit and with this set you are getting some of the best brow products and they are full sized!
6. Benefit Triple Decker Decadence Full Face Makeup Set (£34.50) - I adore this set so much. The tin is so cute and it is filled with some amazing products. From the full size Bad Girl Bang mascara (it's £21.50 by it's self!) to the pore primer and high brow and go go tint. I think it just adorable and filled with some cute products that are some of my favourites.
7. Too Faced Limited Edition Peach Tinsel Make up Gift Set (£36) - I adore this set. I think it's just so cute and it is the packaging that pulled me in. You get a lovely matte lipstick and a sparkly powder that is great for party season or in my case, everyday. I love having that big pop of highlight and I think it is just so cute and would love to get this under my Christmas tree.
8. Mac Cosmetics Shiny Pretty Things Pink Glow Getter Gift Set (£39) - I have not bought Mac products for awhile and I'm not sure why because this gift set is gorgeous. I've seen swatches of the highlighter and I need this gift set. I really love Mac Cosmetics and I can't wait to hopefully have this under my tree as I think it is just a really cute gift to give someone or to receive or to buy yourself!
9. Violet Voss 3 Piece Collection (£30) - This set is amazing. For £30 you are getting a beautiful palette, highlighters and a lip gloss. Violet Voss is a brand I've always wanted to try but, the palettes are usually £40+ So, for £30 you really can't go wrong with this set!
10. PUR Dr Seuss The Grinch Good Enough to Steel Palette (£39) - This is a cute collection. I adore The Grinch as many of us do and I really love this set PUR have came out. You have a lip stick that changes colour and a palette full of festive colours with some beautiful blushes and highlighters!
It has been ages since I've done a beauty review. I have been in the biggest blogging slump and just not had the time or energy to actually do any post lately but! I have been wanting to get back into my beauty blogging as I just love playing with new make up.
Today, I want to talk about the new Beauty Bay palette Going Out Out (£30 but currently £21 at the moment with their sale!)
This palette consists of 42 colours. It has 4 mattes, 33 metallics and 5 duochrome chameleon toppers. I know a few people where moaning about this palette and how it's mainly got metallics in it but, in my opinion I think it's great. It has such an array of different colours and I know when I do my eye make up I am always looking for a metallic, a beautiful bright shade to complete the look and this palette gives me so many different options and if you're like me and mainly have a few matte palettes this will be a great edition to your collection.
In the first palettes they released they didn't have shade names like this palette does and I really like how they've added them onto this one and think they should do that from now on. This palette is wonderful. It is filled with so many beautiful shades and it just makes me want to keep on playing and creating new looks. The colours feel buttery, the pigment is amazing and you can easily build up the colour and add on the toppers to some of the shades for that extra bit of pop for your eyes to look amazing. I think Beauty Bay are killing it at the moment. I really love the first palettes they came out with, I still need to get Origin though, and I am so excited to see what they bring out next. I would die if they bring out a highlight/contour kit which, I think they should do ;)
Have you played around with Going Out Out yet? What are your thoughts on this palette?
Can you believe we are in June?
This year is flying by and with new months brings new favourites. These are some of the products I have been loving in May. Products I just haven't stopped using and are a staple in my make up bag.
Benefit The Complexionista (£26.50) - I love this palette. I also use it as my mirror for applying make up. It is filled with Boi-Ing concealer 1&2, Hoola and Hoola-lite, Dandelion Twinkle and Watt's Up! I've already hit pan on a few of them I use it that much. It is the perfect size for my make up bag and I really love all the different products in it.
Nyx Ultimate Brights Palette (£16) - I am constantly playing with this palette. I love the colours, the pigmentation is amazing and I just love it.
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (£24) - The BEST setting spray. Honestly, I got this for Christmas I just love it. I was wearing make up to work the other day and I run around a lot in my shop and my make up usually slides of my face but, I applied it by 7am and even by 5pm my make up looked great. I usually loose make up around my nose and where I wear my glasses but no, nothing had left my face. I am almost out of this bottle and I can't wait to stock up.
Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette (£39) - A staple in my make up bag. You can do fun looks with this palette or even just something simple, the smell is amazing, the pigmentation is just so good! I love playing with this palette...and smelling it.
Revolution Pro Foundation Drops (£7) - Such a good foundation. It last for so long, the coverage is really good, it is build-able and I can't recommend it enough especially for the price!
Iconic London Prep-Set-Spray (£18.50) - The extra glow you need. This is perfect for extra glow on your face and your body! It is amazing.
So, these are the things I have been loving in May!
What products where you loving?
So, I am in love with this collection and I haven't even tried it yet.
Too Faced have brought a Peaches & Cream collection and it looks really cute, the shades look amazing and I'm ready to spend all my money on it. I've only ever had the Sweet Peach Palette from Too faced, I got it at Christmas and it has became one of my all time favourite palettes so of course I need this collection in my life.
- Just Peachy Eyeshadow Palette (£33) - A beautiful eyeshadow palette full of mattes. Perfect size for your make up bag, I bet it smells amazing and I just adore the colours. Perfect for every day wear.
- Peach Perfect Mattifying Loose Setting Powder (£20) - I'm currently running out of my loose setting powder and I really love the look of this one! I always do a matte look for everyday so this would be great to have in my make up bag.
- White Peach Eyeshadow Palette (£33) - This one is another cute sized palette but, also has some fun shimmers in it. Great for nights out or if you want to do a fun look that day!
- Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer (£25) - Always need more bronzers in my life. The packaging is adorable.
- Primed and Peachy Skin Perfecting Face Primer (£27) - Always love a good primer.
- Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray (£27) - Give me all of the setting sprays.
- Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Liquid Foundation (£27) - Never tried their foundations but, I love the look of this one and again I am just DRAWN to the packaging.
- Peach Blur Instant Smoothing Finishing Pressed Powder (£25) - Can never have too many pressed powders.
- Peach Frost Melting Powder Highlighter (£25) - This highlighter is goals.
- Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blusher (£25) - Beaut!
- Bronzed Peach Melting Powder Bronzer (£25) - I need to get this and the other two melting products because they would be cute to have all together and they look too good to use tbh.
So, what are you loving from the collection? I want to get all of them (I may have to get some products different months because money) but, I am excited to play with them and I just know I will adore them and they are products I will keep in my make up bag for a long time.
Hello I have another haul.
(I will also have a high end haul next week because it was payday and I have no self control)
Well, on payday if you spent £25 on Revolution you got a free goody bag and I can't say no to that. I love their products and it is nice to treat yourself (even if I have been treating myself since 2015)
I bought a few goodies of the Superdrug website everything but the Tammi Palette and the white concealer where in the offer.
The things I picked up where -
- Tammi x Revolution Palette (£10) - I adore my soph palette and of course I had to pick up Tammi's! I adore the shades, I can't wait to create so many fun looks with this and I love how you can create a nice neutrual look and then some fun and colourful. For the price, you can't go wrong with it.
- Revolution Pro Highlighter refill pack Sensational Lights (£6) - I have the empty palette for the magnetic refills and I have been meaning to fill it up and of course I had to get some highlighters in there. Their highlighters are always blinding and I can't wait to try them.
- Revolution Pro Eyeshadow Refill Pack Millennial (£5) - Some darker shades, reds, browns and a beautiful gold shimmer to add to my palette. These are shades I know I will constantly use.
- Revolution Pro Eyeshadow Refill Pack Tame (£5) - Considering you're getting 5 eyeshadows for £5 you can't go wrong with these. Some more reds, bronzer shimmer, beautiful mattes.
- Revolution Pro Contour refill pack light (£6) - Of course my palette isn't complete without a bronzing/contour shades! Plus, an extra powder and a highlighter.
- Revolution Pro Prime Oil Face Primer (£7) - Always need more face primers and I've never tried an oil one before. I have dry skin and I hate when I've applied make up to see it clinging to dry patches so, hopefully this will help!
- Revolution Conceal and Correct White (£4) - I love their concealer and I had to get the white one. It is perfect to add on top of your normal concealer for that brightening look or if you've bought a concealer, it's great coverage but, it's a tad too dark-just add this on top!
So, in the goody bag I got 5 exciting items.
- Revolution Retro Luxe Kits Metallic We Rule (£6) - I always love a metallic lip and I love their lip kits so win-win.
- Revolution Skin Kiss Ice Kiss highlighter (£4.50) - The size of this beautiful highlighter though. If you know me you know I adore their highlighters. I just love the formula and they are so pigmented!
- Revolution Flex Brush 04 Eye Light & Shape (£9.99) - I've never tried their make up brushes but I love the idea of this duel ended make up brush. It feels super soft and I can't wait to try it out.
- Revolution Ultra Contour Kit Lightening Contour 02 (£3.50) - Always need more contour kits in my life.
- Revolution Ultra 32 Shadows Beyond Flawless (£8) - A palette full of darker shades and neutrals. Looks super pretty. Great for everyday.
Hope you enjoyed this haul and let me know if you've gotten anything recently from Revolution!
Today, I want to talk about the Revolution Pro Foundation Drops from Revolution. I recently bought these to try them out. I am always on the look out for new foundations and after trying their stick foundation I knew I had to try these.
I bought the Foundation in shade F1 (£7) and also the lightening drops (£6). I always go for the lightest shade as I am quite pale and I wanted the lightening drops as I have some foundations that are a tad too dark for me so I wanted to be able to add it to them to make them match me.
I have been using this foundation for a week and I am in love. A little bit goes a long way. I found that out the first time as I put way too much on my face but, instantly I fell in love with this foundation. I have dry skin, acne, red parts and this foundation is great for me. It didn't feel heavy and the coverage is really good!
If you can see from the picture how flawless it looks! I have worn it to work, on a night out and just for every day when I'm just chilling and I just love it. You only need a little bit and you can build it up. I used my Revolution concealer and my Vichy setting powder with it and I love the combo. It has now a special place in my make up bag, the perfect size for when you go travelling as it isn't a big bottle so you can just pop it in your make up bag.
Another fantastic foundation from Revolution and I can't wait to see what they bring out next!
With summer coming up I love to have an extra glow on my skin. I have seen people raving about the Iconic London Prep-Set-Glow (£18.50) and I knew I had to try it out for myself.
The prep-set-glow is a spray that is known for when you shake it, it shimmers up and looks beautiful and golden. You can spray before applying make up for glowing skin or even after make up to give you that dewy look.
I have used this under make up and over it and I can honestly say it is now one of my favourite sprays. I love the look it leaves my skin and with the hot weather I love spraying it on my shoulders to give my skin that glow in the sun. It also smells really nice so that's a plus.
If you're looking for a new prep spray, I can't recommend this enough! I really want to get the darker one for when I have a tan but, the lighter one is great for me at the moment to give my skin that glow. I have used it quite a bit and not made a dent. I am excited to use it for nights out and blind everyone with my glowy skin.
This is the first product I've tried from Iconic London and I am really excited to try more from them! I have my eyes on their Illuminator Drops and Cream Contour Palette!
What are your favourite products from Iconic London?!
Today I am going to be talking about a primer that I have fell in love with and it's only £3.50.
Yeah, you read that right! £3.50!!
Essence have recently brought out a new primer called You Better Work. It is pore smoothing, refreshing, has a SPF 20 and is sweat proof. This has been made for when you're out, going the gym and I'm going to use it when I go to Orlando later this year because I want to wear make up in the parks but, I know I'll sweat it off and now finally! I have a primer that will help that.
I have been trying this out all week and I can honestly say, I love it. I have dry skin so, I'm always looking for a primer that will not make my skin look flaky with foundation on. This applied really nicely and it felt really refreshing. You only need a little bit as a little goes a long way. I let it settle on my face for a few minutes so it can soak in and it died down my redness and just felt really nice on the skin.
The test was if it lasted. I was in work all day and I work in retail so, I'm always running around and getting a sweat on. After 9 hours my make up still looked good. Nothing had shifted, it hadn't go dewy (which isn't bad, I love a good dewy look).
If you're looking for a new primer but, you don't want to pay too much as well know there are some crazy expensive primers out there, I can't recommend this enough! I can't wait to stock up on this as I've been using it a lot and it really goes nicely with my everyday make up.
This is the look I did the other day and just look how flawlessly my make up went on over it!
*I was sent this product to review-all opinions are my own*
If you've heard the news Make up Revolution is now just Revolution and have released some new products. Not just 1 or 2 new products. They have released A WHOLE lot of new products so, when they where finally online on Superdrug I order a few pieces to test them out.
The things I picked up -
Revolution Brow Tint Dark Brown - £5
Revolution Flawless Foils Unicorn Foil - £5
I Heart Revolution Dragons Dare Lipstick Flame - £4
I heart Revolution Mystical Mermaid's Lipstick Beach Babe - £4
Revolution Pro Supreme Matte Lip Pigment Illusion - £4
Revolution Pro 4K Highlighter Palette Gold - £8
Revolution Pro Brow Pomade Chocolate - £5
Revolution Pro Eyeshadow Refills Pack Glisten Here - £6
Revolution Pro Correcting Face Primer Anti Redness - £7
Revolution Pro Large Empty Palette (not pictured) - £10
So, everything was £10 and under. How can you be mad at that? Revolution is possibly my favourite drugstore brand and I was so excited to grab some of their new products.
(I didn't use all of these on this look but, I will have more reviews up soon on them)
To start the look I tried the brow tinting. I am terrified of tinting my brows just because I keep thinking it will pull out the hairs but, I left it on for about half an hour (you can leave it on for up to two hours) It is really easy to apply and take off and left my eyebrows looking great. I have some parts in my eyebrows where they have been waxed and the hair has just never grown back so, I will be using this again as it give my eyebrow shape and look without me having to apply product. To fill them in more I used the brow pomade as I was going out that night.
I used the primer and I chose the anti redness one as my face tends to get red and it really died it down and felt really nice on the skin.
I finally used the foundation stick and I am in love. I have never used a foundation stick but, WOW! It left my skin looking flawless. I only used a few swipes and them blended it in with my beauty blender and I just adore the finish of it. For my eyes and contour I used my profusion Pro Palette (I have a post on this amazing palette down below) I then used the Unicorn foil on my eyes and LOOK AT THAT GLOW! So easy to apply and I just adore the look it gave to my eyes. I then used the 4K Gold highlighter palette and I am in love. It comes with 4 shades and the pigmentation is unreal. I was ready to cover my body in it.
Finally I used the Matte Lip in the shade Illusion and wow. It was creamy, felt weightless, lasted for ages and the colour is just gorgeous.
I cannot wait to order more of their new products and fill up my empty palette with the singles as the glitter shadows when I swatched are just crazy good.
What products from Revolution are you loving?
Check out my reviews and tutorials of some of my favourite bath, beauty and lifestyle products.
PR Contact - email@example.com
Beauty wish list